Kentucky Equine Research
Discover EO-3™: KER’s OMEGA 3 and DHA & EPA fatty acid supplement for horses. Ideal for restoring the proper balance of fatty acids.
EO-3™: OMEGA 3 and DHA & EPA fatty acid supplement
EO-3™ is a unique source of Omega-3 derived from marine sources that can help maintain an optimal ratio of Omega-3 to Omega-6 fatty acids in equine nutrition. These essential fatty acids are not produced by the horse’s body and must be provided by the diet. There are two categories of fatty acids: Omega-3 and Omega-6.
Grass-fed horses receive a good percentage of Omega-3 essential fatty acids through grazing. Hay and cereals contain fewer Omega-3s. The horse’s body is better adapted to a diet rich in Omega-3 than Omega-6. Modern feeding regimens, combined with normal management and forage feeding, may lead some horses to assimilate a higher percentage of omega-6 fatty acids.
Supplementing the diet with EO-3™ will help restore the balance between them in the horse’s body.
It is also a great help against metabolic problems, while also supporting healthy skin, coat and joints.
- Fish oil
- Mixed tocopherols
Omega-3 fatty acids: 35%
Omega-6 fatty acids: 3%
EPA & DHA: 25%.
Omega-3 ratio : Omega-6 = 12 : 1
- Increases OMEGA-3 and OMEGA-6 intake in horses with high grain diets and less accessibility to pasture.
- Helps mares in fetal development.
- Beneficial effects for stallions on sperm motility and viability.
- Superior source of OMEGA-3 fatty acids to normal plant sources.
- Highly palatable form compared to other supplements.
- High percentage of long-chain fatty acids.
- The highest ratio of OMEGA-3 and OMEGA-6 fatty acids compared with other commonly administered oils.
- Increase Omega-3 intake in the diet of all horses.
- Performance horses with high grain diet and and less accessibility to pasture.
- Mares to support colostrum production (support for proper foal immune function).
- Stallions to increase sperm quality and quantity.
- Support the joint health of all horses.
Light to moderate activity – 30/60 ml
Intense activity – 60/120 ml
Recovery from convalescence – 60/120 ml
Breeding stallions – 60/120 ml
For best results gradually introduce EO-3™ into the horse’s diet over a period of 5 to 7 days and divide it equally in meals.
These feeding recommendations are only indicative. For any personalized nutritional advice, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Do you need help?
Contact us and we will help you to find the product
that best suits your needs.
You might also be interested in.