Stable and Paddock Steamers
Haygain 600 is the hay steamer designed to meet the needs of small to medium-sized stables. It can steam up to 25 kg of hay in a single cycle. This model is ideal for maintaining a constant supply of Steamed and nutritious hay for small groups of horses, ensuring health and well-being. Haygain is the only scientifically proven method for hay and haylage steaming.
Haygain is recognized as the only scientifically validated method for hay and haylage steaming. It significantly improves the hygienic quality of the forage, thereby reducing the risk of inhalable dust, mold spores, and pathogens. The outcome is forage that is clean, hygienic, highly palatable, and rich in nutrients.
Haygain 600 comprises a steam generator and an insulated, wheeled chest equipped with a handle for easy maneuverability. Tailored to feed up to 2-3 horses, it can accommodate a half small bale, loose hay, or haylage (18kg). Haygain features an innovative patented spike manifold system, ensuring efficient steam penetration into the forage through a high-specification steam generator.
The container’s thermal efficiency maintains the steam volume and a high temperature (above 100°C), effectively eliminating airborne particles, fungal spores, bacteria, and mites. The aluminum plates serve as a base for the spike points, accumulating heat beneath the bale and raising the temperature inside the hay chest, thus optimizing the steaming efficiency. The perforated spikes distribute steam from the hay’s core outward, ensuring complete steam absorption. This results in forage that is cleaner, more appealing, and of higher nutritional value.
The 2.75 kW steam generator (with an 8-liter capacity) features a stainless steel boiler body with a domed lid, ensuring optimal steam flow and consistent delivery. Haygain HG 600 is equipped with thermal safety protection, including an alarm and warning light. The integrated balanced handle facilitates easy rinsing of the unit, while the filler neck’s position, with its brass safety cap, prevents overfilling.
Find out the Benefits
– Reduces respirable dust in hay and hay-silo by up to 99%;
– Kills mold, bacteria, fungal spores and dust mites;
– It increases palatability and reduces waste;
– Improves respiratory health for all horses, helps stop coughing;
– It helps prevent respiratory diseases;
– It is ideal for picky eaters;
– It is suitable for horses that are laminitic, at risk of colic, and in post-operative recovery;
– It is easy to use for everyday use, even in busy courtyards;
– It increases the shelf life of hay-silo by up to four days;
– It is scientifically tested, with published research.
– Watering station
– Descaling agent
– Filling funnel
Useful to know:
– All fittings and fasteners are made of brass or stainless steel, so they will not corrode.
– Weather-resistant and UV-protected
– Patent title: Apparatus and method of steam treatment of Forage (official numbers 2454969 and 2477874).
– Made in the United Kingdom
- Weight: 41 kg (combined weight of hay container and steam generator)
- Dimensions L x 720mm W x 690mm H x 700mm
- Ideal for 2-3 horses
- Capacity for 15 kg of netted or loose hay
- Steaming cycle from cold about 60 minutes, 2.75kW steam generator with 8 liter capacity
The number of horses that Haygain HG 600 can feed is a rough indication based only on portion size, hay compaction, bale size and number of daily steam cycles.
Do you need help?
Contact us and we will help you to find the product
that best suits your needs.
You might also be interested in.